Saturday, May 1, 2010

It's been a LONG TIME....

Ok. So when the say "at first you don't succeed..... dust yourself off and try again....?" Well get out the dustbuster, swiffer, and what have you... I haven't blogged in a WHILE... Here's why...

I really don't have an excuse other than not having it together, and letting my wandering mind... wander... I was doing well that first week, I just lost track of things. And next thing you know, it's three months later.

Here's what I've been up to...

All the way back in January, I impromptu went to NYC to audition for Hair on Broadway... Let's just say people in NYC are CRAZY for sleeping in subzero temperatures to audition... When I arrived at 7:15 AM!!! - there were already over a THOUSAND people in line! Long story short I didn't get seen, but as I do. I went back to my friend's (Chris) apartment and recorded a video of me singing and put together a package and brought it back to the castings office. Gotta be assertive, right?

Also in January, I became part of a project that is still in the works right now... Speaking of "works" it's going to be in the Summerworks' Concert Series. It's called "Prison Dancer: The Musical" It's a show based on the Filipino prison that danced Michael Jackson's Thriller and whose Youtube Video went VIRAL!!!! I play the head Choreographer... The concert will be happening in August 2010.

Feb was a working month. At the spa with a couple small gigs. And then came March...

I was cast as TOOTLES in Neptune Theatre's production of Peter Pan. If you're wondering who he is. In the movie "Hook" Tootles is the one who "lost his marbles..." I arrived here on the 16th and rehearsed until we started previews on April 13th and officially opened the 16th. We run until May 30, with a possible extension.

So what also happened in March was that I shot an audition video for Glee!!! In January sometime my fabulous cousin, Maya, told me that the show was doing an online casting call... and I was like " WHAT!?!?!?!? I NEED TO BE ON THIS SHOW!!!!" So after planning my video concept I shot it with her help, as well as with the help of my amazing bro, Michael. The result was a video of me singing the song "Love You I Do" from Dream Girls. Fox still hadn't put out any info on their casting so I just had the video waiting to be released, like hungry lions in the Coliseum. But to my dismay, Fox came out with the rules and it them stated that submissions had to be from a select song list, which did not include MY SONG. We were only to sing certain songs from the show. Anyway, without my "team" I enlisted the help of my roomie, Stephen (who's playing Peter) and Zak (who's playing Curly) to help me with my new video shoot. I figured out the concept and Zak shot the new video. We finally put it up on Myspace to find out that the site CRASHED!!!!........ CRASHED!!!!!! Fox, then, extended the submission deadline by three days and when they did my new video got over FIVE THOUSAND VOTES!!! IN THREE DAYS!!!! I also posted the videos on Youtube, to try and get more people to hear and see me!

So that's me in a nutshell right now... Trying with all my might to get myself out there so that I can BE ON GLEE!!!! SO HELP ME OUT!!!!!!!! Watch my videos and tell everyone!!!

I will be posting the links and videos in just a sec!!!!

XOXOXOXO jeigh :)

2 comments:

maya said...

welcome back!!!
us fans want to be all up in your grill so please hook it up :)
looking forward to reading more

erin pim said...

jeigh!!!
ditto!!! you NEED to be on glee- amazing job with the videos!!!
xoerin