Monday, January 18, 2010

Day 2 and 3!!

Saturday marked Day 2. I worked then attempted to come home and write a song before I went to my friend Alicia's Birthday. Unfortunately, I didn't write one in the hour that I had between getting home and getting ready to go out. I really should have stayed in, it WAS Day 2! But someone, Micke, said that my social life can't suffer during my year's endeavor. So I didn't let my social life suffer went out and enjoyed it!!!!

So I woke up this morning to go to work (after sleeping a measly 5 hours) and swore that today I would write two songs, one for Day 3 and one to make up for Day 2.

Song 2 came to me as many songs do, making up a random melodic line with lyrics, then playing around with the chords on the piano further it. It's short and sweet and like most of the songs that will be posted will need more work, but the rough idea of the songs is there. It's an "I'm in love!!!" song, that still may need a bridge or something like it.





Song 3 came to me after I played around on the piano with a chord progression. I liked the sound of it and made up a lyric. When I do this I basically say random things until I like the direction or theme that I'm going in. This song developed into what I thought sounded like a lullaby. So I tentatively call it

"Lullaby of the Lost"



So, I hope you like something even a lyric or a melodic line, my voice singing or maybe my outfit or my damn RED EYES (SO tired)
I'm still getting used to this daily writing project I've set out for myself. I hope that as the days go on it will hopefully come, not easier, but more freely. I know I have lots of ideas inside it's just a matter of finding them. Or simply releasing them to make room for other better ones. It's like I've hoarded all of these possible songs in my head, and I need to clear them out to find if there are some treasure in there! Only time will tell!!!!

xoxo jeigh

p.s. it's 2:45 am and I have to work at 10:30...gross...

3 comments:

maya said...

jeigh! if you keep going at this rate you'll have 365 songs!

erin pim said...

holy shit 'i'm in love' with that song! your lower range is fantastic ...

erin pim said...

also 'lullaby of the lost'- you can sing me to sleep anytime! ps, you sing like this @ 3 in the morning? good lord.